Chef Shashank’s Roasted Duck with Orange Sauce
Looking for a holiday recipe that is sure to dazzle and delight? Chef Shashank’s Roasted Duck with Orange Sauce is a crowd pleaser! A five-star chef with an extensive background in fine dining, Chef Shashank knows a thing or two about cooking the perfect duck. Save this recipe for your next holiday party and leave your guests speechless! As always, don’t forget to tag us on Instagram at @SidewalkChefKitchen if you make this yourself!
Ready? Let’s get started!
Roasted Duck with Orange Sauce
For the duck:
- 1 whole duck (5.5-6 lbs)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cups olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- Red onion, roughly diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the orange sauce
- Juice of 1 orange plus its zest
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim excess fat from the whole duck. Mix the garlic, red onion, and one cup of olive oil, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slather the whole duck with the mixture, then place the duck breast side up on a rack in a deep pan to catch drippings. Roast for one hour.
- After the 30-minute mark, flip the duck upside down to brown on the opposite side.
- Remove duck and let rest for a few hours to drain rendered fat. Reserve at least 1 tsp of duck fat for your sauce.
- After the duck has rested, roast a second time at 400 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes until crisp and golden. Let rest for one hour.
- To make the sauce: combine orange juice, zest, butter, brown sugar, and marmalade with the duck fat in a medium saucepan. Simmer on low until heated through.
- Plate your duck and ladle the sauce over top. All that’s left to do is enjoy!
Chef Shashank suggests serving this with basmati rice, steamed broccoli, and your favorite spring salad.
For more delicious recipes, find out What’s Cookin’? on our blog!