Chef Shashank’s Spaghetti Squash
Have you ever tried spaghetti squash before? This popular dish is a great alternative for pasta if you are following a low carb or keto diet, or just want to incorporate more vegetables into your diet! At Sidewalk Chef Kitchen, we frequently serve Chef Shashank’s spaghetti squash as a side on our Fresh Express as well as in our Heat & Eat Meals. In our Heat & Eat Meals, you’ll find them paired with our bison meatballs or turkey meatballs in marinara. It’s all part of our mission to serve healthy meals in Fort Lauderdale.
Now, we’re sharing Chef Shashank’s spaghetti squash recipe so you can try this out at home! You’ll need a spaghetti squash in addition to some other kitchen staples like oils and spices. Don’t be intimidated by the spaghetti squash – it’s ready in just under half an hour and is great for a quick weeknight dinner! Serve it with your favorite marinara sauce, pesto, alfredo, or just a little olive oil and some parmesan.
Ready? Let’s get started!
- 1 medium-large spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (coconut oil, olive oil, or mustard seed oil)
- A pinch of ground ginger
- Garlic powder to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Place two halves inverted on a baking sheet pan with 1-2 inches of water (to cover the bottom).
- Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes until the skin feels soft to the touch.
- Remove from oven. Turn scooped side up and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until cool to touch.
- Use a fork to gently remove the meat of the squash from the skin to extract the spaghetti-like strands and place in a bowl to set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of your favorite cooking oil (EVOO, coconut oil, or mustard seed oil) in a saucepan until you see a puff of smoke.
- Place the squash in the pan and add fresh ground ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir together until combined and serve.
We hope you enjoyed learning how to make Chef Shashank’s spaghetti squash! For more healthy recipes, check out our blog to see what’s cookin’!