DIY Citrus Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
How many times have you gone to the grocery store in search of a salad dressing, but scanned the ingredient labels and wondered why all of that is needed for a simple dressing? Sidewalk Chef Kitchen is here to help. Ditch the supermarket salad dressings and make this simple citrus vinaigrette salad dressing with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. The best part about this dressing? It’s completely customizable to what you have and what you like to eat. Trust us when we say you’ll never buy pre-made salad dressing ever again!
This recipe only takes 10 minutes from start to finish and makes eight servings. Double it for dinner parties or to have some extra on hand. Don’t forget to seal it in an air-tight jar for maximum freshness.
What you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3 tbsp of fresh lemon juice (can add zest)
- 3 tbsp of fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste (start with 1/4 tsp of each)
- Optional: 2 tsp of Dijon mustard
How to make it:
- Place all ingredients in an air-tight container, such as a mason jar, and shake well.
- Enjoy and be sure to make it your own!
There has never been a more customizable recipe! Make the following substitutions for a recipe that is truly your own:
- Vinegar: use white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, or champagne vinegar
- Oil: use olive, avocado, sunflower, grapeseed, or walnut
- Juice: substitute orange juice for mango, pineapple, raspberry, or your favorite flavor. Be mindful of using fruits that are in season!
- Honey: substitute for maple syrup or agave
Did you try our citrus vinaigrette salad dressing and loved it? Tag us in your creation on Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok. We’d love to see what you’re cooking in your own kitchen!