An Easy Soup Recipe to Boost Your Immune System
It’s never too late to start giving your immune system the boost it needs! Right now, our bodies could use all the help they can get when it comes to staying healthy. This includes getting plenty of sleep, exercising a few times a week, and eating healthy food. Since it’s all about what you put into your body, we’re sharing Chef Shashank’s immune-boosting Twin Pepper Soup recipe with you. This easy soup recipe to boost your immune system is packed with flavor and surprisingly easy to make. Enjoy it as a side to a meal or on its own. As Chef Shashank says, “this soup is a showstopper!”
|3 whole red peppers||3 whole golden peppers|
|2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce||2 tbsp fresh shallots|
|2 quarts chicken stock||pinch of salt for each|
|1 quart heavy cream (or 1 quart coconut milk)||Baguette or French bread for serving|
- Clean, cut, and de-seed the peppers. You will put them into the blender later, so cutting them as small as possible will help them blend easier
- Set out two separate three-quart saucepans. In each saucepan, add 1 tbsp shallots, and 1 quart chicken stock. Add the red peppers to one saucepan and the golden peppers in the other.
- Bring both saucepans to a boil for about 15 minutes. Add 1 tbsp Worcestershire and salt to taste to each saucepan.
- Remove from heat and let the soups cool down for about 7-10 minutes.
- Take each soup and put them into the blender one at a time. It is important to not add both soups together! Blend until smooth, about 3 minutes each.
- Put the mixtures back into each pot and bring them to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Whisk 1/2 quart of heavy cream or coconut milk into each sauce pan. Whisk briskly for about 30 seconds after allof the cream is in each saucepan.
- Place the pots side by side and simultaneously ladle each soup slowly into the serving bowl, making sure one color is on one side and the other color is on the other side. Garnish with some parsley and serve with a baguette or french bread!
Find this recipe and more in Chef Shashank’s Sidewalk Chef cookbook. Ask us today how you can have your own! Visit our blog for more healthy recipes from our restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and ways to stay healthy.