Chef Shashank’s Macadamia-Encrusted Sea Bass
Dad deserves something special this Father’s Day! If you can’t order out but want to cook like five-star Chef Shashank Agtey, this Macadamia Encrusted Sea Bass recipe is perfect for you. This recipe is not only easy, but delicious, too! There’s nothing like a five-star meal to really leave Dad impressed this Father’s Day.
Cook time: 10 minutes
|2 cups flour||8 eggs, beaten|
|Panko breadcrumbs||1 cup macadamia nuts (crushed or pieces)|
|1/2 cup olive oil||1/2 cup white wine|
|6 sea bass fillets||Your appetite!|
Chef’s note: you can also use cod fillets for a more budget-friendly approach.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flour, egg, and Panko breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
- Dredge the sea bass in the flour, dip in egg, and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Roll in the macadamia nuts, ensuring an even coating.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-ready skillet until you see the wisp.
- Sear the sea bass for 30 seconds each side, until the nuts turn golden brown
- Add white wine to the skillet and bake the sea bass for 10 minutes in the oven. Remove and let stand for one minute.
- After plating, add some more macadamia nuts on top.
- Serve with your favorite sides and salads, like roasted squash or a spring mix salad.
With 210 calories, 3.6g fat, 53mg cholesterol, and 80g of protein, Dad will never know just how healthy this recipe is. Enjoy!