Chef Shashank’s Macadamia-Encrusted Sea Bass
Did you know March is National Nutrition Month? Each week during the month of March, we’re bringing you a delicious recipe from Chef Shashank’s Sidewalk Chef cookbook to help you “Eat Right, Bite by Bite.” From incredible main courses to easy soups and salads, this cookbook is designed to help you learn to love cooking nutritious meals for the whole family. You may even recognize some Sidewalk Chef Kitchen staples! This week’s recipe is Macadamia-Encrusted Sea Bass, an easy recipe your friends and family will enjoy. Bring this to your next dinner party to really impress your guests!
Cook time: 10 minutes
|2 cups flour||8 eggs, beaten|
|Panko breadcrumbs||1 cup macadamia nuts (crushed or pieces)|
|1/2 cup olive oil||1/2 cup white wine|
|6 sea bass fillets||Your appetite!|
Chef’s note: you can also use cod fillets for a more budget-friendly approach.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flour, egg, and Panko breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
- Dredge the sea bass in the flour, dip in egg, and then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Roll in the macadamia nuts, ensuring an even coating.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-ready skillet until you see the wisp.
- Sear the sea bass for 30 seconds each side, until the nuts turn golden brown
- Add white wine to the skillet and bake the sea bass for 10 minutes in the oven. Remove and let stand for one minute.
- After you plate, add some more macadamia nuts on top.
- Serve with your favorite sides and salads, like roasted squash or a spring mix salad.
With 210 calories, 3.6g fat, 53mg cholesterol, and 80g of protein, this healthy weeknight meal is one that will help you hit your nutrition goals. Enjoy!